In this episode, Radale Tiner joins TSCRA Talk host, Kristen Brown, to discuss buying and selling at seedstock cattle sales.
For cattlemen in the market for bulls, Tiner recommends knowing what your end goal is with the calves that will be produced and make a game plan accordingly.
Tiner also recommends communicating with the seedstock producer as they will want to help their customers be successful in finding the bull that is going to best fit the operation and the producer’s goals.
On the producer side of the sale, Tiner encourages good customer service by being available to answer questions but also proactively reaching out and staying in touch with buyers.
- How Far is too Far to Transport Cows to Winter Cornstalks?
- Prussic Acid Precautions
- NCBA Vice President Urges Congress to Listen to Producers on Cattle Markets
- NAMI Witness to House Ag Committee: Beef & Cattle Markets Driven by Supply & Demand
- Cattle Feeding Returns Slow & Steady
- Management Practices for Cows at Weaning: Part 3 – The Influence of Cow Size and Body Condition on Forage Intake
- Crop Residue Exchange Links Cattle Producers with Available Feed Resources
- Prospects of Wheat Pasture this Fall
- Management Practices for Cows at Weaning: Part 4 – Milk and Energy Balance
- Finishing Beef Cattle On The Farm
- Merck Animal Health Awards 18 Future Bovine Veterinarians with $90,000 in Scholarships
- How to Identify the Fall Mineral that is Right for You
- Allflex Livestock Intelligence Brings Simplicity and Safety to Tag Application
- New Utility Tractor Models Introduced by Mahindra Ag North America
- Prepare for Fall Calving