Ever wondered what happens when you mail in your DNA samples to Angus Genetics Incorporated? In this short, 60 second video, you can walk through the lifecycle of a DNA sample. The steps are as follows when DNA is correctly submitted.
1. Mail arrives at the AGI office in Saint Joseph, Missouri.
2. Packages are divided based on sample type.
3. Samples are then sorted to prepare for processing.
4. Samples are scanned into the system.
5. Each afternoon, samples are overnighted to the testing lab.
6. Samples are processed at the lab.
7. Three to four weeks later results are sent to AGI where results are posted to member login.
Visit https://www.angus.org/agi for more information.
Be sure to check out our popular I AM ANGUS DOCUMENTARY SERIES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJcyEZqHJSY&list=PLB6gtLnbxirDRKgAfotqzDfH762RWjUVp&index=1
AngusTV is a production of the American Angus Association. American Angus is the nation’s largest beef breed organization, serving more than 25,000 members across the United States and Canada.
🔴 - Click HERE to visit our channel and SUBSCRIBE for updates - https://www.youtube.com/c/AngusMedia
🎯 - Click HERE to JOIN the #AngusFamily - http://www.angus.org/General/gnrlApplInfo.aspx
❗️- Click HERE to REGISTER your cattle - https://www.angusonline.org/logon.aspx
📕 - Learn even more by visiting http://www.angus.org/
Connect with the American Angus Association on Social Media:
👉 FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/AngusAssoc
👉 TWITTER - https://twitter.com/angusassoc?lang=en
👉 INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/angusassoc/?hl=en
👉 NEWSLETTER - https://angusconvention.activehosted.com/f/7
00:00 - What Happens to DNA Samples at AGI
00:07 - 1. Mail arrives at the AGI office in Saint Joseph, Missouri.
00:12 - 2. Packages are divided based on sample type.
00:18 - 3. Samples are then sorted to prepare for processing.
00:22 - 4. Samples are scanned into the system.
00:26 - 5. Each afternoon, samples are overnighted to the testing lab.
00:32 - 6. Samples are processed at the lab.
00:41 - 7. Three to four weeks later results are sent to AGI where results are posted to member login.
Video is EMBEDDED on:
As of 09/01/2021
- Preparing Cows for Winter and Spring Calving
- Safety: It Impacts Your Bottom Line Promoting and Supporting a Safety Mindset Benefits Every Aspect of the Feedlot Industry
- Feed Technology Assists with Labor Shortage
- Dry Matter The Importance of Accuracy
- Off the Hoof Newsletter - November 2021
- CATTLE DIGESTIVE HEALTH - Improving Digestion Health in Cattle | Trevor Tuell
- Price Slide and Spread
- Consider Backgrounding Calves Based on Market Conditions
- Corn Silage Inclusion Level in Feedlot Diets
- Cattle Markets Back on Offense
- CAB INSIDER: Annual Quality Grade Low Marked
- In The Cattle Markets
- Beef Quality Assurance certification offered in December across Nebraska
- Selection for Improved Cow Efficiency
- Feedlot Pen Maintenance Allows Cattle to Walk Easier
- Does Beef Production Really Use That Much Water?
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- Mahindra Launches New ROXOR
- Elanco Joins Newly-Formed Consortium Advancing Climate-Neutral Cattle Innovation
- Chr. Hansen and UPL Announce a Long-Term Collaboration to Develop and Commercialize Microbial Solutions for Sustainable Agriculture
- A Guide to Grazing Wheat in 2021-22
- A Guide to Grazing Corn Stalks
- Merck Animal Health Awards 18 Future Bovine Veterinarians with $90,000 in Scholarships