Courtesy of ourbeefkitchen.com
This delicious slow cooker recipe for Italian Pot Roast will make it appear that you spent your whole day in the kitchen when it actually only takes 10 minutes to put together! I put this roast together in the morning before work, stuck it in the fridge and had Isaac start it when he came home for lunch. It was perfectly tender and flavorful by supper time!
- 1 – 3 pound pot roast (I used chuck roast)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 packet au jus mix
- 1 packet dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 cups tomato juice, divided
- Place a plastic liner in the insert of the slow cooker.
- Put 1/2 cup of tomato juice in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Place the roast in the slow cooker
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Recipe source: adapted from http://www.plainchicken.com/2009/05/italian-pot-roast-parmesan-risotto.html